St Catherine's Hospital is a mental healthcare hospital located in Doncaster, South Yorkshire, approximately 3 miles from its centre.
There are 23 beds for inpatients in the hospital ward with Specialist Education and Day Centres (Eclipse, Solar and Prosper Centres). Community Homes provide 197 places.
The original hospital was founded in 1845 as the St Catherine's Institution. In 1959 it changed its name to St Catheirne's Hospital. The hospital was in the care of the local authority until 1948 and the NHS until 1992, it has been in the care of the Doncaster and South Humber Healthcare NHS Trust since 1992.
Tickhill Road Hospital is on the site of a former isolation hospital and sanatorium, built between 1835 and 1843.
The hospital consisted of two children's wards, where infectious diseases such as diphtheria and polio were treated, a psychiatric unit, female chest unit and sanatorium, and male sanatorium, which was located slightly away from the other wards. The original kitchen is still in use, as is the nurses' building. In the earliest days as an isolation, or 'fever', hospital, the porters had to post a daily information bulletin on the perimeter fence to give details of patients' conditions and of any deaths. 1966 saw the opening of the elderly care unit, with Ash, Elm and Pine Wards opened by The Lord Amulree MD FRCP on 12 October 1966. Linden Ward was added in the early 1970s. Its name was changed to Rowan Lodge, and it is now a stroke unit. These four wards, providing elderly rehabilitation services, transferred to management by the Doncaster and Bassetlaw Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust from April 2002, to streamline services to patients leaving the acute hospital setting but needing further rehabilitation.