Snape Wood Primary School, Nottingham
Snape Wood Primary School recognised by the Department for Education! We have received a letter from David Laws MP at the Department for Education congratulating us on being amongst the 100 top performing schools in the country in terms of the amount of progress our pupils make between Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2. This is a fantastic achievement considering there are 16, 000 Primary schools in England! We have also received a letter from Nicky Morgan MP, the Secretary of State for Education congratulating us our significant improvement and inviting two teachers two an event in London on the 21st January in order to celebrate our achievements. Miss Tolson and Mrs Walker will be attending on behalf of Snape Wood Primary and I’m sure they will be telling her what a fantastic school we are.
Our school provides a varied and challenging curriculum enriched with many opportunities.
* a solid grounding in reading, writing, maths and science
* excellent development of ICT skills
* a creative curriculum that teaches each curriculum area in context..
* extended PE provision with specialist coaching in rugby, gymnastics, netball, basketball, dance and football
* music including specialised vocal teaching, an amazing choir and instrumental tuition in recorders, keyboards, trumpet, trombone and clarinnet
* community projects including Bulwell week of Action
* many after school clubs including sports, dance, French, homework, gardening, choir, art, ICT
* many productions and performances including dance, the CMIST band day, Royal Albert Hall, Playing with the Halle Orchestra, Christmas productions, Summer Concerts and many more!
* residential and educational day visits to support the curriculum including a trip to France, to strengthen our modern Foreign Language Curriculum and Scarborough and Hartington residentials.
* specialist teaching to enrich learning in many subjects
* quality extended school care.
Be the first to write a review for Snape Wood Primary School!
Share your experience!