INGLEBOROUGH HALL is a large outdoor education centre situated within the Yorkshire Dales National Park.
Ingleborough Hall began its life in 1807 as an architects drawing, with final completion of the main buildings, stables, tunnels and nearby lake accomplished by 1841. The London based Farrer family, owners of the vast Ingleborough Estate, used the Hall originally as a shooting lodge or country house until they moved north to Clapham in the early 1930's. During the Second World War the Hall became home to evacuated prep school children from Broadstairs in Kent and in 1952 it was sold to the old West Riding of Yorkshire to be run as a residential school.
In the early 1970's a consortium of nearby Local Education Authorities took over and the Hall began its present life as an outdoor education centre. Ingleborough Hall is currently owned by the City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council.
A Grade 2 listed building, it includes an Ice House, underground tunnel, and eight acres of rich woodland and formal garden.