Hilltop Riding School - Exeter, Devon. Lessons, Hacks, Liveries and Schooling
Friendly, welcoming stables
Having never had any serious horse riding experience I was quite nervous when I first went to the stables. The owners and other people looking after the horses were all really friendly and put me at ease by showing me round the stables and explaining everything that we were going to do. The girls that helped me whilst riding constantly made sure that I was at ease and that I was riding the horse correctly so as not to hurt the horse or myself. It really feels like a place that is run purely for the love of horses and horse riding!18/04/2012#Hilltop Riding School
- Hilltop Riding School:Rachel, We're glad you got over your nerves and hope you visit us again soon for another session!
I am only a first time rider, the last time I was on a horse was when I was about 5. I came to Hilltop with a couple of friends and the gang were incredibly friendly and welcoming. They were most patient and took us round the stables to see all the different horses. They even provided a small picnic for us and a few parents watching their children take part in a competition. I had a wonderful day out and would recommend the school to anyone asking.17/04/2012#Hilltop Riding School
- Matt Appleyard:I'm sorry to see the negative reviews. I for one saw nothing of the sort. The horses were very happy and well fed and, upon meeting the owner, I thought she was wonderfully charismatic and extremely knowledgable.
- Hilltop Riding School:Matt, Thank you for such wonderful feedback! We're glad you enjoyed your experience, and hope to see you again soon!
My daughter learnt to ride here from the age of 5 until she was 18. The lessons were fantastic, and even though she was always a nervous rider, the instruction was always helpful and tolerant. Would recommend to all!17/04/2012#horse #riding #exeter
- Hilltop Riding School:Thank you for such a glowing report! We remember your daughter, and would like to thank you for your loyal custom!
I would say that hilltop is a fabulous riding school. It is cheap, And GOOD. I have been Riding there for nearly a year and a half, At the start i had never touch pony and was petrified of them, Now i am a confident rider, doing cantering...19/07/2010
- Jean:I am shocked at the condition of the riding stables & the substandard conditions in which the ponies & horses are kept . It was extremely upsetting to see the distressed state of some of the equines , & astonishing that the owner should be able to tout this as an acceptable way of demonstrating how to teach riding & keep horses. 0 out of 5
- Hilltop Riding School:Jean, we're very sorry you felt this way about our riding school, however, if you're allegations were true, I'm sure we'd be in quite serious trouble! Not only do we have a licence with the council, we are also fully ensured and have regular visits from vets, equine dentists, farriers and practitioners of alternative therapies. We offer our horses happy and fulfilled lives, and, when they are ready for their retirement, we allow them to gracefully live out their days. Sophie, many thanks for your positive feedback!
Nearby similar companies
- 1Distance: 0.6 mi22 Velwell Road
EX4 4LE Exeter
- 2Distance: 2.26 miThe Rosary, Balls Farm Road
EX2 9JA Exeter
- 3Distance: 2.58 mi22 Jack Sadler Way
EX2 7FP Exeter
- 4Distance: 3.28 miBarton, Moor Lane
EX4 0AQ Poltimore
- 5Distance: 4.46 miGlebe Farm
EX4 2HP Whitestone
- 6Distance: 4.46 miGlebe Farm
EX4 2HP Whitestone
- Horse Riding
- Equestrian Training
- Equine Studies
- Horse Training
- Horseback Riding
- Equine Training
- Riding School
- Riding Lessons
- Horse Trainers
- Riding Schools Livery Stables & Equestrian Centres
- Livery Yards
- Livery Stables Equestrian Centres
- Hilltop Riding School
- Entertainment Uk