A comprehensive range of Plumbing, Heating, Sanitary and Building Materials for the Trade Located in Croydon and serving the South East of England.
Harris & Bailey commenced business in 1912 as a partnership between Alfred Frank Harris and George Henry Bailey. Harris had previously sold newspapers at the then Addiscombe Station and Bailey was a Gravel Merchant. Premises were rented in the Addiscombe Station goods yard and in 1913 Bailey departed and a limited company was formed. Alfred Harris died in 1935 and shortly afterwards the Peet family acquired 50% of the shareholding. The Company survived the effects of WW2 and in the 1950s a newer influence of younger staff joined the company in time for the post war building boom.