Real Lives believes that children, adolescents and young adults, regardless of race, language, gender, class, sex, sexual preference, disability, religion, political or other opinion have the right to:
- A service adequate to meet young people’s needs which are safe and supportive.
- A service free from abuse which promotes healthy living, education, learning, respect and dignity.
- A service which preserves young people's own identity and makes them the centre of all its activity.
- A service which promotes independence and individual development.
Real Lives is a residential complex with a number of services which contain:
4 independent and self-contained long term residential services for four young people each.
One bedroom flat for Independent living (training purposes).
One crisis unit for 2 young people.
One short break unit for 2 young people.
We provide services for:
- Young people with challenging behaviours who want to move on in life and plan their future.
- Young people who have been abused who may find it difficult to navigate through life, who need guidance and support.
- Young people with mild learning disabilities who need help to plan their future, and support to work towards it.
- Young people with mild mental health problems who need help to plan their future and support to work towards it.