Archbishop Ilsley Catholic Technology College & Sixth Form Centre Christ Achieved Through Endeavour, We Endeavour to Achieve
In the early part of the twentieth century, Archbishop Edward Ilsley built the first church in the village of Acocks Green. The foundation stone was taken from the battlefields of Ypres, in Belgium. Two years later, a school was built, for children aged five to 14 years. In 1955, building began on what is now our school, and it opened in 1957.
As Acocks Green expanded, so did the school. Drawing largely, but not exclusively, from immigrant Catholic families who came to find work in the post-war reconstruction of Birmingham, the School became, and remains, an important focal point of the community. It's a long way from the West Coast of Ireland, but that's where many of our students have their roots.
playground, Technology, Teach, Catholic, classes, Maths, class, Archbishop, uniform, students, pupils, educational, special school, activities, Catholic School, Business Studies, learn, Education, voluntary aided school, curriculum, teacher, lessons, academic, design, Form Centre, School, parents, Local Authority Maintained, Achievment, educate, Schools, training, Family services, Science, children, child, College, community, local authority, Ilsley, Teachning, study, council, Secondary school, holidays, Learning, Art, nursery, Schools Local Authority, Sixthform, Teaching, courses
Nearby similar companies
KUMON STUDY CENTRE BIRMINGHAM|
NINESTILES SCHOOL, HARTFIELD CRESCENT, B27 7QG, BIRMINGHAM
HOLY SOULS R.C JUNIOR & INFANT SCHOOL|
MALLARD CLOSE, B27 6BN, BIRMINGHAM
ACOCKS GREEN JUNIOR SCHOOL|
WESTLEY ROAD, B27 7UQ, BIRMINGHAM
EASTBOURNE HOUSE SCHOOL|
111 YARDLEY ROAD, B27 6LL, BIRMINGHAM
233A SHIRLEY RD, B27 7NR, BIRMINGHAM
THE OAKLANDS PRIMARY SCHOOL|
DOLPHIN LANE, ACOCKS GREEN, B27 7BT, BIRMINGHAM