Arc Property Solicitors specialise in residential and commercial conveyancing. We are property specialists and offer nationwide conveyancing both online and offline. Unlike many other conveyancing companies we employ fully qualified solicitors - as well as conveyancers - to ensure we are able to provide a fast and thorough conveyancing service. As we're a registered solicitors practice, we are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. We have acted for thousands of home movers around the country and handle around £350m in property transactions.
I chose this company due to the PR Spin relating to customer service.
I cant start to describe how truly terrible they are.
Incorrect contracts, the wrong documents, additional costs, terrible communication and my purchase (which is yet to be completed )is a cash purchase of a new home without any chain; and they have still managed to screw it up.02/05/2013 14:09:13Truly terrible
- SomebodyL:Believe me I know exactly how you feel it is now 8 months down the line and we haven't exchanged and are still waiting documents (albeit from the council) which, if they had got themselves into gear, would have been done and dusted by now. I live in hope that we will exchange soon !!
worse company ever
Im a solicitor and used this company with much regret. the service is terrible, I was given a larger invoice than quoted without notice two days before exchange and was basically told pay up for lose the sale! The service was very slow, no progress made for periods up to 4 weeks for no reason.25/04/2013 13:30:58Arc property solicitors
HOW DO ARC GET AWAY WITH THIS
Ive just completed today with ARC and they are the biggest bunch of imcompetent fools i have ever encountered. They never EVER answer the phone and they pass your purchase around to different staff members..AVOID AT ALL COSTS..Look at all the reviews on the internet about them ...They are awful !!!!!!!!22/04/2013 21:21:35Rude incompetent unprofessional
- SomebodyL:Am glad that your transaction has come to some sort of conclusion. Unfortunately we are still waiting and haven't exchanged even. It has been 7 months and will be 8 at the beginning of May. I live in hope that one day I will phone our solicitors and they say that they have all the paperwork and we can talk dates. Unfortunately we still get the same answers ie "still have not heard anything from Arc will chase them up". They have put another person in charge of the case who, at least, seems to be dealing with things better than the other one. Anyway hey ho. I totally agree with your comment that anyone should give Arc a wide berth. Congrats anyway in getting this far. Will continue to write here until we exchange.
We wrote a review on here recently and we are (now 6 months down the line) still in the same position ie not exchanged contracts yet!! I notice all the good reviews on this site are some time ago. All the bad reviews are recent. I hope that tells people something. This company has gone downhill fast. We live in hope that we will exchange eventually. It was September when my son put in his offer and it was accepted. Now 6 months later and still not exchanged and still waiting for answers to 2 last enquiries. Our solicitor wrote to Arc asking that the file be given to someone else as Azeema has not been dealing with it, surprise, surprise we have heard nothing in return. I will continue to write on this site to let everyone know how awful this company is. We think we may have the longest sale/purchase in history maybe we should write to the Guinness Book of Records for an entry!13/03/2013 10:41:15Terrible
- Clint:Terrible, avoid at all costs as you will go mad not knowing where you stand and whats happening. We have the same problem, no chain and the purchase property has been vacant for the last 5 months we've waited to complete. Due to poor service we have had to live with friends, put our cats in a cattery for 2 weeks now and completion on the purchase came and went and should happen on Monday the 15th?. The process of sale and purchase began in mid November 2012. Avoid Arc/action and Abode, all one happy incompetent firm. We have lived with our baby in a friends home while their family and 2 kids share rooms also. There wont be a next time but if we do it will be with professional and we will happily pay more for a competent service.
I am going through a completion as of March 2013 and M. is my case handler, however the bad reviews are all of similar nature because they are true. I have had such a bad experience where my solicitor should have done most of the work I had to do it myself. For example they never bothered checking if my property was excempt from stam study I had to do this myself after receiving their invoice. They never tell you the anticipated completion day and drag the matter as far as possible because today I found out it is not one person dealing with your file but a number of people and this is why it takes so long. People end up losing their sales or purchases as a result of their slow system. Im now worried as people I'm buying from might pull out due to the time they are taking. I should have used someone local. They are not cheap and charge you hidden fees like if your title of deed is more than 2 pages they will charge you extra 100 for this on your bill. I finally complained and copied M. in and when I said I will pay extra for the completion to take place I received a call back from her and you could tell from the tone of her voice that she had an attitude as to why I complained. I'm paying them to do this work and surely this is not what you should expect. They are acting on my behalf but it seems they are working against me. I am writing to the Ombudsmen and I advice that who ever has a bad experience should also do so. Read the case studies on the SRA site and you can see what sort of complaints they have managed to resolve.05/03/2013 15:20:10Awful service
This Company are truly terrible. They are acting for the seller of a property my son is trying to buy. The transaction so far has taken 6 months and we haven't even exchanged contracts. They do not answer their phone, phone you back, answer emails. They sit on documentation for months. Replies to enquiries took 3 months and then they were not complete. Additional enquiries were raised and they have been sitting on them for 3 weeks. We are ready to exchange but have heard nothing. The seller has tried chasing them but to no avail. My son's mortgage offer is due to expire in 7 days, which they are fully aware of, but we were told 2 days ago that the solicitor at Arc (A*****) had these enquiries on her desk (for 3weeks) but had not had time to even look at them, no apology, nothing. So we wait until deadline and then we pull out, the seller will not only lose his sale but also his purchase as the whole chain will collapse. I am glad that some people have had good service but, believe me, most of the reviews I have read have been negative. I have written to the Solicitors Regulation Authority in the hope that someone will do something about this awful firm. My advice to anyone else is read the reviews and DO NOT USE THEM.21/02/2013 11:18:32
I am puzzled by the terrible reviews on this website - which do NOT correspond to those on others! M. F. of ARC Property Solicitors has just completed the conveyancing of the sale of my previous and purchase of my 'new' property efficiently, on time and at a cheaper rate I could find anywhere. Could it just be that the reviewers who complained failed to supply ARC with correct information in a timely and correct manner? It just seems so (read 'too') easy to destroy a company's reputation - and I imagine that happy customers (who I hope are in the vast majority) are unlikely to post any review at all!22/12/2012 19:37:17No complaints!
- Emaan:I am going through a completion as of March 2013 and M. is my case handler, however the bad reviews are all of similar nature because they are true. I have had such a bad experience where my solicitor should have done most of the work I had to do it myself. For example they never bothered checking if my property was excempt from stam study I had to do this myself after receiving their invoice. They never tell you the anticipated completion day and drag the matter as far as possible because today I found out it is not one person dealing with your file but a number of people and this is why it takes so long. People end up losing their sales or purchases as a result of their slow system. Im now worried as people I'm buying from might pull out due to the time they are taking. I should have used someone local. They are not cheap and charge you hidden fees like if your title of deed is more than 2 pages they will charge you extra 100 for this on your bill. I finally complained and copied M. in and when I said I will pay extra for the completion to take place I received a call back from her and you could tell from the tone of her voice that she had an attitude as to why I complained. I'm paying them to do this work and surely this is not what you should expect. They are acting on my behalf but it seems they are working against me. I am writing to the Ombudsmen and I advice that who ever has a bad experience should also do so. Read the case studies on the SRA site and you can see what sort of complaints they have managed to resolve.
- Clint:Melanie handled our sale and while it was satisfactory a lot could have been done to improve communication. We instructed Arc in mid November 2012 and completed the 28th of February 2013 which is not too bad but i got an email the 26th to say we complete on the 28th?. Our purchase had not come anywhere near completing and is currently ongoing with lots of stress. Arc/Action/Abode is as bad as people say and that's the truth. The amount of time and money we have spent due to their poor incompetent service will make you cry. Arc it seems take three months + per transaction, sale and purchase so expect 5-7 months like we are experiencing. We have a 15 month old who has lost out on 2 months of daycare as were moving county and cant register and travel the distance, we live with friends in a box room as do their kids and we are paying hundreds for our cats in a cattery and household in storage not to mention council tax and other services being put on hold or stopped at cost to us. just Google the complaints about Arc.
- jeff mellish:AHHHHH another staff member from ARC posting another glowing reveiw !!!!! Im a real customer who is furious at how ARC do business but hey use them yourself and you will be posting how Crap they are !!!!!
- Simon J
Terrible does not begin to describe this bunch of cowboys. Had to switch solicitors half way through after the vendor threatened to pull out of the sale agreed. Don't take my word for it: go on the money saving expert forums to see similar experiences. I found this out too late! Don't communicate, do not reply to emails, return phone calls. DO NOT USE THEM! I would have given them -5 stars but this option is not available.11/12/2012 20:36:58Terrible
Please avoid this company like the plague. They are totally useless. If you enjoy chasing people up without getting a response then be my guest. They are cheap but thats about it.11/12/2012 16:21:27don't bother
Used ARC for sale and purchase of property completing on 30th Oct.
All calls and emails were answered within 24 hours. I work away so preferred to do all correspondense by email. It did take 3 months but this was largely due to our buyer buying on behalf of someone out of the country. Melanie was always polite and efficient. Would use again and recommend.02/12/2012 13:37:56excellent
- J David Morgan:You are very lucky - perhaps yours was a straightforward transaction (most conveyancing is - the reason people pay solicitors vast sums of money is to deal with the problems which can occasionally arise) - however many people's experience of dealing with ARC is that if there is a problem (even a simple issue) and they fail to communicate - not replying to emails or phonecalls from estate agents and other solicitors.
- stormforce11:I just reviewed as I found them. I was a little worried after reading the reviews but if you arent prepared to scan and email all communication then maybe you should use a high street solicitor.
conveyancing, property solicitor, property solicitors, online conveyancing, residential conveyancing, commercial conveyancing
Nearby similar companies
NIDD DESIGN ARCHITECTURAL SERVICES|
14 PANNAL ASH CLOSE, HG2 9AE, HARROGATE
ARC PROPERTY SOLICITORS LLP|
SIMPSON HOUSE, WINDSOR COURT, CLARENCE DRIVE, HG1 2PE, HARROGATE
GRAHAM J SMITH|
STRAYSIDE MEWS, 2 LEEDS ROAD, HG2 8AA, HARROGATE
RODNEY W. NOON & CO|
RAGLAN HO, RAGLAN ST, HG1 1LE, HARROGATE
REGENT HOUSE, HG1 1JX, HARROGATE
HIRST & CAPES|
RAGLAN CHMBS, RAGLAN ST, HG1 1LT, HARROGATE